söndag 31 juli 2011

Anders Zorn Part 2

Before I started my travel to Mora I decided to concentrate my studies mainly on his brushwork and the way he worked with his edges. I was concerned that I would be overwhelmed with information seeing everything and in the end nothing. I was happy to notice that one was allowed for personal use to shoot photos without using a flash.  The trouble was that I only have a lousy small camera and she didn't manage to make good pictures. From the over 200 shots I took most where a total loss. So guys, if you come to Sweden, bring a very good camera with you, you will be allowed to use it but without a flash.

Here is a shot I took of his brushes and his painting knife. In the right side of the picture I believe I see cobalt blue and ultramarine blue on his palette. If I am not mistaken I too saw a tube of cobalt blue in his painting box.
Anyhow the sign on the wall said that he used only zinc white, ivory black, light ochre, cinnabar and emerald green.














Here are some detail shots from the portraits I showed you in Zorn Part 1. If you click on each of the pictures you can see them much bigger and study the edges.

Have fun!
Cheers
Eckhardt


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar