fredag 29 juli 2011

Anders Zorn Part 1

Hi everyone!

I just came back from a visit to Mora. I spend two days with my painting hero Anders Zorn, studied his work, his life and looked around in his home called Zorngården.
















I am still deeply moved by the power of his portraits.





                                         I never before experienced that a painting was talking to me and yet it happened, it seemed that after hundred of years, the people he painted, are still alive and looking back at me, thinking, having feelings!



















I came to Mora to study his technique but what impressed me most was the spirit in the paintings I found.
What I am happy about is that I now learned to see and judge a portrait. I will measure it by the voice it has. If the painting is not talking and the person portrayed has no life of its own it will not have worth to me, never mind how fancy it is painted.




I really learned this lesson after seeing Anders Zorns work. This will be my standard and I will know now when a portrait is talking or not.
 

Cheers
Eckhardt

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar